In 1684, Native American Chief John Compound signed a deed that passed his land and "Compound's Lake" to a group of white settlers. In 1846, property owner Gad Norton put a path around the lake, set up picnic tables, and opened the area to the public. The first building opened in 1895, and a carousel opened in 1911. The park remained under the Norton family's control until 1985. The park was called Hershey Lake Compounce in 1986 and 1987. It was called Lake Compounce Festival Park from 1988 until 1995. In 1996, the Kennywood Entertainment Company purchased the park.
Two coasters have left Compounce:
©2013 JAR Productions. All rights reserved.