In 1924, Pippin opened.  Pippin was built by John Miller and straddled the ravine.

In 1968, Andrew Vettel rebuilt the ride and created the turns around the waiting cue.  And the most amazing thing about Thunderbolt is the longest drop is the LAST one!

Aerial view of Thunderbolt at Phantom's Revenge

Home  Kennywood Index         Previous Kennywood Picture  Next Kennywood Picture

©2013 by Joel Rogers